Mindful Diabetes Self-Management Course:
A live, interactive online course and discussion group offering weight-inclusive diabetes education and support to promote peace with food and body.
- Spend your Monday evenings this October & November learning all about diabetes and how to compassionately care for you!
- Build knowledge, confidence, and self-compassion related to your diabetes.
- Explore evidenced-based, gentle approaches to nutrition, movement, medication, and monitoring, and get support in finding what works best for your own body.
- Meet and learn from other people with diabetes in a weight-inclusive, non-judgmental setting.
- Led by Billie Karel, MPH, RD, LDN, CDCES, our HAES®-aligned Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist, with special guest speaker Ragen Chastain, ACE certified health coach and functional training specialist.
- Deadline to register is Friday, October 1st, but don’t wait! Email billie@
lutzandalexander.com or call her at 919-781-4500 x 4 to learn more and get registered!
When: 6 Mondays ~ October 11, 18, 25, and November 1, 8, and 15
- 7:00 – 9:00 pm Eastern Time
- Registration deadline: Friday October 1st
- We ask you to commit to at least 5 of the 6 sessions.
- Please note, a one-on-one assessment with our RD/CDCES is required prior to the first session and will be billed separately.
Where: Virtually on Zoom (HIPAA Compliant Healthcare Version)
Fee: $450 for the full course, plus the cost of an individual assessment ($190 – $285 depending on your needs). These prices reflect a prompt payer discount for those paying out-of-pocket.
- Our practice is in-network with BCBS and we can file for you if you have BCBS insurance. We encourage you to call the Customer Service number on your card to inquire about your coverage for CPT code 97804 (Medical Nutrition Therapy Group). Click here for more insurance details.
Please note: Up to 3 spots in this course are reserved for people who need a reduced rate. If you’d like to take part but can’t afford the fee AND your insurance won’t adequately cover it, please inquire about a reduced rate!
- Open to people anywhere in North Carolina, as well as some other states depending on local rules for RDs – Ask us about your state!
- Open to adults (18+) with any type of diabetes and their loved ones.
- This will be a closed group, with participation capped at 10 people.
- Participants must attend the first session on Oct 11 and at least 4 of the 5 additional sessions. Please double check your calendar!
- An individual assessment is required prior to Oct 11 and will be scheduled and billed separately. Out of pocket cost for the assessment is between $190 – $285, depending on whether you are already regularly seeing a registered dietitian, and is also billable to insurance, or eligible for a reduced rate if needed.
- Email billie@lutzandalexander.
com or call her at 919-781-4500 to learn more and get registered!