Mindful Diabetes Self-Management:
Weight inclusive Diabetes Education & Support Group Promoting Peace with Food & Body
- Spend your Saturday afternoons with us this Fall learning all about diabetes and how to compassionately care for you!
- Led by Billie Karel, MPH, RD, LDN, CDCES, our HAES®-aligned Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
- Build knowledge, confidence, and self-compassion in caring for your diabetes.
- Explore evidenced-based, gentle approaches to nutrition and movement and get support in finding what works best for your own body.
- Learn from and gain support from the lived experiences of your group-mates.
- Registration deadline September 19th, but don’t wait! Email billie@
lutzandalexander.com or call her at 919-781-4500 x 4 to learn more and get registered!
When: 6 Saturdays This Fall ~ October 3, 10, 17, 24; November 7, and 14.
- 3:00 – 5:00 pm EDT
- Registration deadline: Saturday Sept 19th
- Please note, a one-on-one assessment with our RD/CDE is required prior to the first session and will be billed separately.
Where: Virtually on Your Computer
Fee: $95 per 120-min group session
- Our practice is in-network with BCBS and we can file for you if you have BCBS insurance. We encourage you to call the Customer Service number on your card to inquire about your coverage for CPT code 97804 (Medical Nutrition Therapy Group) and G0109 (Diabetes Self Management Group). Click here for more insurance details.
- For those paying out of pocket, there’s a 20% “prompt payer” discount if you pay for all 6 sessions by the first session.
- Open to anyone in North Carolina or Illinois, as well as many other states depending on local licensing rules for Registered Dietitians – Ask us about your state!
- Open to adults with any type of diabetes and their loved ones.
- This will be a closed group, with participation capped at 8 people.
- A one-on-one assessment with our RD/CDE is required prior to the first session and will be billed separately.
- Email billie@lutzandalexander.
com or call her at 919-781-4500 x 4 to learn more and get registered!