Please call the Customer Service telephone number on the back of your insurance card prior to your first visit. When calling your insurance company, ask the following questions to help determine your coverage:
- Is Lutz, Alexander & Associates Nutrition Therapy (NPI number 1902457856) currently an in-network provider for my plan?
- If not, what are my out of network benefits?
- Does my plan cover outpatient nutrition therapy CPT codes 97802 (medical nutrition therapy – assessment), 97803 (medical nutrition therapy – follow up), 97904 (medical nutrition therapy – group), or S9470 (“nutritional counseling”)? If you have diabetes, you may also want to ask about diabetes management codes, G0108 (individual) and G0109 (group).
- Do I have any nutrition counseling visits covered under the preventative care portion of my plan, (ICD-10 code z71.3)?
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, do I currently have coverage for services provided via telehealth?
- Do I need a physician referral?
- Do I have a deductible for “Nutritional Counseling Services?”
- If yes, how much is it and how much has been met so far?
- Is there a copayment for each visit or do I have co-insurance? If I have co-insurance, what is the percentage of coverage?
- How many sessions are covered per year?
- What month does the policy year renew?
- Are there any restrictions and/or limitations to my coverage?
- Write down and keep the reference number for your call.
Feel free to contact your dietitian or practice co-owner Anna Lutz firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions about working with your insurance company.